Tuesday 16 June 2015

So, farewell then....

This is a poignant juncture in my life. For very nearly 30 months now I have poured my life into this crazy project of building a new school from the ground up (in China!!); and for the past 22 months I have been teaching here. It has been strange and wonderful and - mostly - a lot of fun. But it has also been at times frustrating, and overall profoundly exhausting. I haven't completely stopped working at any time in that 30 months, even during supposed vacations; and during term time, I've been typically working 80-100 hours a week.

I am sad to be leaving - but I really need A REST now.



Here are a couple of fripperies I just shared with my students and colleagues, two things that always come to my mind when I think of farewells:

Exquisite Canadian acapella group The Wailin' Jennys singing the traditional Scots/Irish folk song The Parting Glass....



And what the dolphins said when they abandoned Earth at the beginning of the Hitch-Hikers' Guide To The Galaxy saga....


No comments:

Post a Comment